Magnus Wernblom was one of the few true power forwards to play in the SEL. His tough, abrasive style of play and willingness to go hard to the net led to a grand total of 266 goals in his colorful Elitserien career.
Wernblom unexpectedly announced his retirement from hockey in November of 2008, after a poor start to the season.
- 2008-11-04 • Announced his retirement
- 2007-04-03 • Signed to a one-year contract with a one-year option by MODO
- 2006-02-10 • Signed to a one-year contract extension by Skellefteå
- 2004-03-19 • Signed to a two-year contract by Skellefteå
- 2000-02-03 • Signed to a four-year contract extension by MODO