In Sweden, Kahnberg was known as a natural goal scrorer. He had a great release and stickhandling ability, which made him dangerous both off the rush and off cycle plays. However, being an average skater sort of stopped him from the big time.
Unfortunately, Kahnberg's career was eventually cut short due to concussion issues. In '11-12, Sebastian Karlsson caught him with a shoulder to the head. In '14-15, a high hit from Lukas Kilström sidelined Kahnberg for the rest of the season. - Erik K. Piri, Elite Prospects
Kahnberg was one part of the famous Dragkedjan. The young trio of Kahnberg, Jari Tolsa, and center Joel Lundqvist quickly developed chemistry in '01-02 and played together until Tolsa and Lundqvist left Frölunda in 2006. In 2011, the two wingers returned to Frölunda and the line was reunited for parts of two seasons.
- 2013-02-25 • Signed to a two-year contract extension by Frölunda
- 2011-04-04 • Signed to a two-year contract by Frölunda
- 2009-03-31 • Signed to a two-year contract by Brynäs
- 2006-12-01 • Signed to a three-year contract by Frölunda
- 2006-04-25 • Signed to a one-year entry-level contract by the St. Louis Blues
- 2006-01-30 • NHL rights traded to the St. Louis Blues with Mike Zigomanis, Jesse Boulerice, a 2006 1st round pick (traded to NJD; Matt Corrente) & a 2007 4th round pick (Cade Fairchild) for Doug Weight & the rights to Erkki Rajamäki
- 2004-01-10 • Signed to a two-year contract extension by Frölunda