Gustafsson reminds quite a bit of his father Bengt-Ĺke. He is a highly skilled two-way center with very good hockey sense. Gustafsson has good size, decent strength and plays a hard-nosed game where he often likes to play the body. In the offensive zone, he comfortably sets up plays and leads the team with his play. Gustafsson's puck control is good and he easily finds good passing opportunities. Although perhaps not a natural goal scorer, he does have a good release. Could perhaps work some with his acceleration, but he is fast when he reaches full speed and very difficult for the defensemen to get hold of.
Defensively, Gustafsson takes a lot responsibility and is a leader that takes no unnecessary risks. Instead, he makes smart and simple decisions. (EP, 2008)
Plays with a Swiss Player-licence and doesn't count against the foreign-contingent in Switzerland.
- 2015-12-07 • Signed to a two-year contract by Gottéron (starting in 2016/17)
- 2013-03-05 • Signed to a two-year contract by Langnau
- 2012-07-18 • Signed to a one-year contract by Asplöven
- 2011-07-25 • Signed to a one-year contract by Langnau
- 2010-12-27 • Loaned to Langnau
- 2009-10-16 • Loaned to Borĺs
- 2009-05-15 • Signed to a three-year entry-level contract by the Washington Capitals
- 2009-03-11 • Signed to a one-year pro contract by Frölunda