A strong two-way center, Pakaslahti was a terrific faceoff man. Although he lacked in footspeed, he rarely lost a board battle and had good hockey sense. He wasn't a natural on offense, but still always scored a good amount of points. In 2011, Pakaslahti was forced to retire due to a nagging groin injury.
- 2011-10-11 • Announced his retirement
- 2008-09-05 • Signed to a three-year contract extension by Södertälje
- 2007-04-21 • Signed to a two-year contract by Södertälje
- 2004-04-16 • Signed to a two-year contract extension with a one-year option by Jokerit
- 2002-04-17 • Signed to a two-year contract extension by Jokerit
- 2001-04-26 • signed to a one-year contract by Jokerit