Milan Novy is one of the most outstanding players in the history of hockey in Czechoslovakia. He played in the Extraliga for 13 seasons, collected 789 points (435 goals, 354 assists) in 543 regular season matches and won the championship title six times. Furthermore, he was the league's top scorer in six seasons and achieved a total of ten medals in World Championships, Olympics and Canada Cups with the Czechoslovakian national team. From 1976 to 1982 he did not miss a single match for his club HC Kladno.
He made several comebacks in the Czech and Slovakian Extraliga between 1997 and 2003 and played his last league game at the age of 52 years! (by Hannes Biedermann)
Other memorable dates
- 1982-10-06 • Scored his first NHL goal (vs. New York Rangers vs. Eddie Mio)
- 1982-10-06 • Made his NHL debut (vs. New York Rangers)
Post a scouting report/trivia/player comment in English (visible here)
Submit changes (incorrect DOB, missing stats, incorrect stats, social media links etc) using a web form and we will review your update request within 24 hours and update accordingly. Important: An official team/league url or a team document must be provided for us to update player stats. We only use official stats.
Take control of your EliteProspects profile! Sign up for EP Premium and verify your profile to access these benefits.
- Ability to add additional data to your career profile: Videos, Images, Social Media, Referrals, Fitness Testing Results and much more!
- Improve your search rank
- Connect directly with players, coaches, teams, scouts and agents (optional)
- Premium Design on your profile page (optional)
- EP Contact Book listing of your profile (optional)
- Verification Badge on your profile