- 2019-07-10 • Announced his retirement
- 2018-07-01 • Signed by the Pittsburgh Penguins
- 2017-08-16 • Signed by the Minnesota Wild
- 2015-08-06 • Signed by the Pittsburgh Penguins
- 2013-07-05 • Signed by the Nashville Predators
- 2010-07-02 • Signed by the Minnesota Wild
- 2010-02-12 • Traded to the Ottawa Senators for Alexandre R. Picard & a 2010 2nd round pick (later traded to Edmonton: Martin Marinčin)
- 2007-07-17 • Traded to the Carolina Hurricanes for Andrew Hutchinson, Joe Barnes & a 2008 3rd round pick (Yevgeniy Grachyov)
- 2006-07-01 • Signed by the New York Rangers
- 2004-09-18 • (NHL lockout) Signed by Cortina
- 2004-08-05 • Signed by the Carolina Hurricanes
- 2003-01-30 • Traded to the Florida Panthers with Pavel Trnka & a 2003 4th round pick (James Pemberton)
- 1997-04-04 • Signed by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Matt Cullen was known as a solid two-way center. A good passer and handler of the puck, he was also a quality option on the penalty kill. He was a terrific skater even as an older player. - Erik K. Piri, Elite Prospects
Post a scouting report/trivia/player comment in English (visible here)
Submit changes (incorrect DOB, missing stats, incorrect stats, social media links etc) using a web form and we will review your update request within 24 hours and update accordingly. Important: An official team/league url or a team document must be provided for us to update player stats. We only use official stats.
Take control of your EliteProspects profile! Sign up for EP Premium and verify your profile to access these benefits.
- Ability to add additional data to your career profile: Videos, Images, Social Media, Referrals, Fitness Testing Results and much more!
- Improve your search rank
- Connect directly with players, coaches, teams, scouts and agents (optional)
- Premium Design on your profile page (optional)
- EP Contact Book listing of your profile (optional)
- Verification Badge on your profile