- 2010-10-12 • Announced his retirement
- 2010-09-08 • Re-signed to a one-year contract by the Detroit Red Wings
- 2007-05-04 • Signed to a three-year contract extension by the Detroit Red Wings
- 2002-12-13 • Signed to a four-year contract extension by the Detroit Red Wings
- 1999-07-06 • Re-signed to a four-year contract by the Detroit Red Wings
- 1996-03-20 • Traded to the Detroit Red Wings for Dan McGillis
A hardworking winger, Maltby played a gritty, physical game. In his prime, he was one of the NHL's top agitators and penalty-killing forwards. For most of his Red Wings career, he formed an excellent shutdown duo with center Kris Draper. Playing right wing on that line was first Joey Kocur, but later Darren McCarty took his spot on the famous "Grind Line."
Post a scouting report/trivia/player comment in English (visible here)
var playerCommentEndpoint = " https://www.eliteprospects.com/premiumApi/getPlayerCommentsAnon/8954/player ";
var deletePlayerCommentEndpoint = " '' ";
Submit changes (incorrect DOB, missing stats, incorrect stats, social media links etc) using a web form and we will review your update request within 24 hours and update accordingly. Important: An official team/league url or a team document must be provided for us to update player stats. We only use official stats.
Take control of your EliteProspects profile! Sign up for EP Premium and verify your profile to access these benefits.
- Ability to add additional data to your career profile: Videos, Images, Social Media, Referrals, Fitness Testing Results and much more!
- Improve your search rank
- Connect directly with players, coaches, teams, scouts and agents (optional)
- Premium Design on your profile page (optional)
- EP Contact Book listing of your profile (optional)
- Verification Badge on your profile